No one expects to be involved in a car accident. But if you have been in a car accident, you may be injured and likely experience a whirlwind of emotions.
Here is what you should do immediately after a car accident:
– Stop the car as soon as possible – it’s an offence not to do so.
– Turn off the engine and switch the hazard lights on.
– Check for any injuries to yourself or your passengers.
– Call the police and an ambulance immediately if anyone is hurt.
– Document the scene of the accident with photo and video evidence.
– Talk to the other driver(s) and provide each other with insurance and contact information.
– Try to remain as calm as possible – its normal to be shaken after an accident, take a few deep breaths and don’t lose your temper.
– Don’t admit responsibility for the accident until you’re completely aware of what happened. This can protect you from liability if it wasn’t your fault.
– Get medical treatment. No matter how you feel physically or what kind of accident it was, seeking medical attention is imperative after a car accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an act of negligence, we can help.
No personal injury claim is a minor one to us. Our goal is to get good results quickly and to keep you informed every step of the way. If you have a concern or question about pursuing compensation for someone else’s negligence, or you are looking for an experienced personal injury attorney in Sunnyvale, call (408) 556-0300 for a free consultation or contact us online.